Although no way as effective or relaxing as receiving a massage, self massage is an excellent way for you to reduce tension during work hours or when you cannot make it to a Massage Therapist. No oil is required.
• Place fingers on your head and move your fingers around in a firm circular motion don’t forget to move to the front of your head and around the back to the hairline.
• Tapping your head with the tips of your fingers may relieve any tension
• Use gentle strokes across your eyebrows and forehead – then press your fingertips across the bridge of your nose moving across to your ears using a sweeping stroke
• Press down using fingertips in a circular motion across the top of your shoulders
• Then use whole hand and stoke across your shoulders
• Sitting on a chair sideways using flat palms make circular motions over the lower back
• Deeper massage can be achieved by lying on a tennis ball and moving around (be careful not to rub your spine with the ball.
Arms & Hands
• Starting at your wrist squeeze the arm, then continue to do this up the arm.
• Using your finger make long strokes up to arm to the elbow.
• Make circular with your thumb on your palm.
• Make a fist and make stroking movement across the whole palm.
• Using the both hand and squeeze from your feet to the top of your leg.
• Use pressing & circular strokes over the feet with thumbs.